tips, and templates for Corel®
WordPerfect® for Windows®
Page updated Nov 13, 2016
Scroll down for all listings
items on this page? Please direct them to the original authors.[N.B.: Not all of
the macros on this page have been tested by Barry MacDonnell, but
all are from reputable sources.]
Downloading and installing macros and templates: See instructions here
|Did you find something
Did it save you some time?
A small donation -- anonymous if you prefer -- via PayPal (credit cards accepted) will be greatly appreciated to help me keep this site alive. Thanks very much for your support!
|WP version (compatibility)||Author||Descriptions / Downloads|
WordPerfect 11 users: See important information here about using macros and some templates in the first release of WP11 (188.8.131.52).
Note: Ron Hirsch has graciously contributed these macros.
Contains 3 macros:
• Replace Codes - Plus.wcm (v1.03)(Updated 11/10/16) for WordPerfect versions 9 and later versions (optionally processes WordPerfect styles)
• Replace Codes - Plus.wcm (V1.01) for WordPerfect versions 8-12 (does NOT process WordPerfect styles)
• Replace font size via menu.wcm (see below)
|6-12 (but most should work in later versions)||
Note: These macros are in the public domain and are not supported by the Toolbox for Wordperfect.
Over 160 WordPerfect for Windows macros in a ZIP archive file. Documentation included.
JLMACS80.ZIP (963,987 bytes) - For WordPerfect 8 - but many (if not most) will work with WordPerfect 9+. Originally published on CompuServe. Dedicated to the public domain by John Land, Esq. Thanks, John!
SWAPTHEM.ZIP - A simple macro that swaps any two selected items (names, phrases, etc.) throughout a document. Just select the first item and play the macro. A message will appear to ask you to select the second item and click OK. The macro will swap all instances of item #1 (e.g., "Party 1") with item #2 (e.g., "Party 2"). SWAPTHEM was written in WordPerfect 184.108.40.2063, but should work in other versions.
DOFOLDER.ZIP - "In a Dialog you select a folder; in a second Dialog you choose a macro. Then DoFolder runs that macro on each file in the folder."
Many other macros and other items by Roy Lewis are directly downloadable from his web site at http://lemoto.myby.co.uk/mcMenFl.htm. (For support or broken links, please contact Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
See Gordon's page of free macros here.
(08/24/08; 296,876 bytes) - Includes three macros and a PDF document
(Indexes and Indexing.pdf) which outlines an approach to creating
indexes; identifies alternative methods of selecting and marking index
entries; demonstrates a technique for creating multiple indexes to any
document; lists macros designed to assist indexing; and provides an
example of a suitable index format.
• Creating Custom Keyboards.pdf (08/07/08; PDF file, 597,521 bytes) - The document outlines the advantages of personal or project keyboards, and illustrates how to assign features, text, programs, and macros to keyboards and templates. It includes a method of recording the assignments. [See also Assigning a macro, feature, program, or string of keystrokes to a key or key combination (i.e., a "shortcut" or "hot key").]
• TRANSLATE.ZIP (12/30/05; 35,631 bytes) - This package comprises four macros and an explanatory document. It was developed to process translated documents but may also be used with English third party documents. Co-incidentally the macros can provide items for inclusion in indexes, and glossaries.
◦ MisSpelt.wcm captures as a list all text entries identified by the
Spell Checker as 'mis-spelt' or not already added to a custom
◦ CleanUp.wcm removes punctuation and other characters and some codes from lists, sorts the list and deletes duplicate entries. Additional or alternative characters and codes can be easily added.
◦ ExtractLC.wcm separates into two documents list entries with an
initial upper case or lower case character.
◦ Hyphen_Dash.wcm substitutes the WP CharSet value 4,33 [-] for a hyphen.
• CODECHAR.ZIP (11/23/04; 123,924 bytes) - Finding and Using Codes and Characters in WordPerfect Macros
Knowing which character or code precedes or follows the cursor may be an important factor in making a macro work successfully. This included WordPerfect document assembles information about using the system variables ?Left/?RightCode :: ?Left/?RightChar to find codes and characters in WordPerfect macros.
Some macro tips and code fragments are included, together with guides to additional resources and other details that affect the use of variables and commands.
A macro (ShowCodes.wcm) that displays code values adjacent to the cursor is also included.
• SPACES2TAB.ZIP (8/22/04; 4,702 bytes) - Searches for and deletes all occurrences of multiple spaces and substitutes a LeftTab code. Particularly useful when tabular material converted from other programs use multiple spaces to preserve visual appearance of the original document or table. Can be easily modified to substitute a single space or other character or code in documents.
• PGLNNO.ZIP (07/18/04; 22,690 bytes) - "Page-Line-Number" - A macro written by New Zealand author Lindsay Rollo that finds a specified character string in a document and records in a second document the page number, line number, and type and location of each string's occurrence. [See also PageLine in the main Library, which can produce a complete page- and line number Index.]
• SPACES.ZIP (98,375 bytes) - WordPerfect users who produce self-published documents, prepare them as camera-ready copy, or who generate PDF files will appreciate this archive file. It includes a free font, space.ttf, to produce typographical hard spaces, which improve readability in headings, measurements, etc.
WPWIN does not provide for typographic spaces - that is, fixed spaces of various widths that are proportional of the base font size. At least three typographic spaces are usually available in dedicated DTP programs.
This archive file includes a TrueType font for creating typographic spaces [licensed for personal use], and explanatory notes and examples about the uses for typographic spaces in general documents of all types and particularly for compliance with ISO standards and academic publishing standards in scientific, technical and professional journals, reports and publications. The notes are in PDF format, and include a macro example for WordPerfect.
Incluided in the above ZIP file is a separate zrchive file, SPACERS.ZIP, which contains six macros. These macros can be assigned to keystrokes such as Alt+1, Alt+2, etc., to automate the insertion of typographical spaces.
archive of Charles's macros:
ALLROSSITERMACROS.ZIP (253,057 bytes; 1 May 08) - Macros by Charles Rossiter - The archive contains a WPD document and these macros:• AppBarMsg.wcm - (WP9+) To display messages at the bottom right of the screen:
Page X of Y
• CharCount.wcm (WP9+) - To provide word, character and white space counts for main text, footnotes, endnotes, headers/footers, text boxes and comments separately. May be applied to whole document or to selected text. The results may be written to the clipboard and so be pasted into the current or a new document.
Tip: For those who need an exact number of characters per line, here is an easy technique from Charles posted on WordPerfect Universe (and a downloadable style for those who want a finished product) that can produce (e.g.) 63 characters per line. Note that this requires a monospace font such as Courier New.
• CleanSave.wcm - To save a file with a refreshed internal header, with old metadata removed.
Saves the file with original date and time (optional).
Saves with the original document summary (optional).
Saves with a backup file (optional).
Saves with default font settings and language settings.
• ConvertCaseInitialCaps.wcm (For WP10 and later versions) - To workaround a bug in WPWin10 [and later?], which causes the WPWin command Convert Case Initial Capitals to fail, if the Tools, Settings, Convert option "Do not use printer metrics" has been selected and written to the default template. The macro could be attached to the Edit, Convert menu.
[UPDATE: This WordPerfect bug seems to have been fixed in a later version of WordPerfect, since it doesn't now exist in (at least) WPX7. For a more flexible macro (i.e., more options) that was not designed as a fix for the problem, see Convert Case.wcm on the Toolbox site here.]
• Delete Current File.wcm (NOT for WP8 - but see Shredder.wcm in the main Library) - To delete the file currently on-screen.
• FloatingCellToolbar.wcm - Toggle the TableFormulaCellBar on/off for Floating Cells.
• Julian.wcm - To calculate Julian dates, and numbers of days between 2 dates.
• Margins Set.wcm (Not needed for WPWin8, but functions correctly) - To set margins for pages and labels. Correction for bug in WPWin9 and later. [See Footnote 1 below.]
• NewSave.wcm - To save a file with a refreshed internal header. As CleanSave.wcm, but without the options.
• QWManage.wcm - Manage QuickWords.
A. Create a 2 column table listing all QuickWords Abbreviations and their Expansions defined in the current, default and supplemental templates.
B. Restore QuickWords and their expansions from the output of option A created in a table with 2 columns of Abbreviations and Expansions.
• Reverse Case.wcm - To reverse the case of selected text.
• SMR.wcm - Macro for calculating the 95% confidence intervals for a Standardized Mortality Ratio, given the values of at least 2 of SMR, observed deaths, expected deaths.
• SearchCodes.wcm - Dialog for displaying common codes to be searched for, and for deleting or replacing these codes from a document.
• Style List.wcm - Creates a list of all document and outline styles in the default template.
• TableAttributesRemove.wcm - Removes Table and Table Cell attributes; leaves table text attributes unchanged.
• TextOpen_Save.wcm (WP9+) - To provide all options available for opening and saving Ansi/Ascii files.
• WordCount.wcm (WP9+) - To provide word counts for main text, footnotes, endnotes, headers/footers, text boxes and comments separately. May be applied to whole document or to selected text. The results may be written to the clipboard and so be pasted into the current or a new document.
Charles Rossiter's Margins Set macro sets margins for pages and labels. As Charles said in a post on WordPerfect Universe: "You should not change label margins in a document [in WP9 and later]. It should only be done when you are selecting the label definition; then click Edit. A bug in the margins dialog (since WPWin9) applies the page margins to the labels." His macro will do the job, though, including setting label margins to zero.