| Barry MacDonnell's
Toolbox for WordPerfect
Macros, tips, and
templates for Corel® WordPerfect® for Windows®
| Page updated Aug 12, 2014
- View a scrollable calendar and quickly insert any selected date into
your document in various formats (including "legal-style" dates) -
Optionally have the macro add or subtract "x" days from the selected
This macro displays a dialog on screen (screen shot here) with a date field that lets you pick a desired date from a calendar (or simply type in a desired date), and then insert that date at the current cursor location with the click of a push button, in any of several different formats.
Examples of the default formats are -
May 31, 2014
Saturday, May 31, 2014
the 31st day of May, 2014
New with version 1.03: Other options let you -
- add or subtract "x" days from the desired date before inserting the date,
- display the selected date on screen only, or
- add bold formatting to the date.
Note that the inserted date is a "static" date -- it will not automatically change to the current date if the document is opened at a later time. For that, you should use WordPerfect's menu choice: Insert, Date/Time, <choose a date/time format>, enable the checkbox "Keep the inserted date current," and click Insert.
Simply place the cursor where you
want the date inserted in the document and then play the macro. Choose
the desired date and other options, then press the appropriate push
button. (A menu checkbox option lets you display the date on screen in
a message box dialog instead of inserting it; press OK to dismiss the
Modifications and Notes
• Several menu items can be set to other defaults in the User Modification Area at the top of the macro's code.
• Dates in this macro follow the (American) Month-Day-Year format. To change date formats that are inserted by the pushbuttons on the main menu see comments at the top of the macro's code.